Electronic Kits For Kids Make The Perfect Gift
What makes a clock tick, a robot move, a radio play music, or how can a lamp light up a room when it’s dark? These are questions that inquisitive little minds want answers to. Most often we all take electronic devices for granted and simply enjoy the benefit or luxury we gain from them without questioning the how or why. Children on the other hand have a natural curiousity about the world around them and want to know how and why. Some children are just plain inquisitive and want a simple answer as to how something works. Other children asking the same question may be looking for a much more in depth analysis and may even want to take electronic toys or electronic devices apart to see what makes them work. These kids are most likely very interested in science and/or math and may possibly be a budding engineer, scientist, or electrician.
Electronic kits for kids are excellent toys to satisfy and quench a thirst for knowledge. They are a fun way for kids to learn about internal electronic components, circuit design and lots of other aspects that are a part of actual electronics. These types of toys make science and math truly fun and also make perfect gifts.
(#As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Electronic Kits for Kids (ages 8 to 15)
This set contains more than 60 snap together parts that provide for hours of educational fun and the ability to build over 300 projects such as electronic organ, a Lie detector, an AM radio and much more. There is an easy to follow manual with colorfully illustrated pictures to assist with projects. No tools are required. Parents have raved that this is an excellent learning toy with rugged construction, a good mix of electronic components, clear, precise instructions, and an expertly designed system. The cost is an excellent value for what you are getting.
Snap Circuits Classic SC-300 Electronics Exploration Kit | Over 300 Projects | Full Color Project Manual | 60+ Snap Circuits Parts | STEM Educational Toy for Kids 8+
How to Pick Electronic Kits for Kids
In a world where electronics seem to monopolize our lives with television, computers, ipads, cell phones, etc. it’s actually a smart decision to have kids understand a little bit more about electronics. Electronic devices are constantly changing, faster than the speed of light it seems, but the basics of electronics are always the same and electronic kits will give kids that basic knowledge. Here are a few simple steps or guidelines to follow when choosing electronic kits for kids:
– How old is the child? Be sure to pick a toy that is age appropriate. Many electronic kits for kids are recommended for ages 7 to 12, however, there are lots of choices available for children who are well into their teens. There are also kits available for kids under age 7 but parents should be cautious about small parts and also the level of difficulty.
– Try to pick a toy that is suited to a child’s interests. You will want to choose a toy that will be fun and educational and keep them engaged so look for one that you think will hold their attention. A kit that contains a really cool robot is sure to be a hit with a younger child.
– What is the level of difficulty? Age ranges on a toy are the recommended ages but all kids learn at a different pace. Choose an electronic kit that is not only age appropriate but matches the learning level, so to speak, of the child. The kit should be challenging but not so difficult (or so easy) that they will quickly become disinterested.
– How much do you want to spend. Find a kit that is within your budget but beware of what you are getting. There are a lot of inexpensive kits available but you may not be getting much bang for your buck as there may not be very much included in the kit. Be prepared to spend somewhere in the range of $35 to $60 but you can always find a kit for less. You may need to spend more for older kids (teenagers) as the scope of the kit and level of difficulty will be much greater.
– What is the power source? Any kit you purchase you will want to make sure is safe for your child. Most kits are typically battery powered, requiring regular household batteries, and are extremely safe for your child. Some kits are even solar powered. Just be sure to check to see what type of power the kit uses to be sure it is safe for your child. Any kits that warn of a danger of electric shock are ones to steer clear of. Parents should be on hand to supervise use of a kit and be available to help or answer questions if needed.
Electronic Kits For Kids aged 3 to 15 years
This MaKey MaKey kit where anyone can turn an everyday object into a touch pad and link it to the internet. Using simple alligator clips kids can turn any object into a keyboard. This is a really fun kit for kids and adults alike and the possibilities are endless. A great learning tool, teaching basic electronics, where you can connect your computer to the environment around you. This is a great gift to inspire creativity with a lot of fun added in.
2 Kits for Kids (ages 10 to 15)
All in One Science Lab
This is an all-in-one science lab that teaches kids about electronic components and reading schematics and wiring diagrams. Kids can perform 130 cool experiments. Manual contains step-by-step, illustrated instructions for each experiment and no tools are needed. Consumer who have purchased this kit are thrilled with it’s ability to teach electronic concepts. It gives kids a great introduction into the world of electronics and is a great deal of fun for an affordable price.
Kids will have an incredible time building this movable robotic arm with multiple functions. The gripper opens and closes and movement includes elbow range of motion, radial wrist motion and base rotation. Parent supervision will be required on the project for younger age children. Kids will learn about motors and housings, gears and wiring. A great value and a fun and educational gift .
Looking for more science related gift ideas for kids? Check some of my reviews here